Learning to Live & Defend
the Christian Worldview
January 17-20, 2020
High School Camp
Grove Christian Camp - Eugene, OR
with Dr. Richard Knopp
This retreat will challenge high school youth to live and defend the Christian worldview. The presentations will use multimedia slides and various kinds of interaction to help campers be able to do the following:
- Be ready to defend their faith (1 Peter 3:15).
- Avoid being taken captive by false philosophies (Colossians 2:8).
- Destroy arguments that oppose the knowledge of God (2 Corinthians 10:5).
- Take every thought captive to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5).
- Walk in a manner worthy of the Lord (Colossians 1:10).
Getting Acquainted with the Worldview Tool. What is a "worldview"? Why is it important? How can it be used as a valuable tool for a Christian?
A Survey of Worldview Options. What are the main philosophical and religious alternatives to a Christian worldview? Where do they show up in our culture? This session offers an enjoyable way to remember these worldviews.
Strategies for Responding to Non-Christian Worldviews. How can I respond to those who have non-Christian views and ways of life? This session explains three basic strategies: negative, positive, and neutralizing.
The Superiority of the Christian Worldview: ON ORIGINS. Why should I (or anyone) actually believe that Christianity is any "better" than any other view? This session examines the origin of the universe and the origin of life.
The Superiority of the Christian Worldview: ON LIVING. How and why does the Christian worldview offer a better way to live? This session stresses that the Christian worldview is not simply true, it is personally relevant to daily life. It considers meaning, morality, mortality, and the Messiah. It also offers a challenge to pursue greater Christian MATURITY, beginning with personal INTEGRITY.
Session Handouts & Resources
These outlines have ANSWERS for the blanks in the handouts.
- Includes books (with annotations), websites (with descriptions), and some video links.
- Separate resources (1) for Church Leaders; (2) for Teens & Young Adults; and (3) on Science and the Christian faith.
Dr. Richard Knopp
- Program Director of Room For Doubt, an apologetics ministry for churches, schools, camps, and campus ministries.
- Program Director of WorldView Eyes.
- Professor of Philosophy & Christian Apologetics and Program Director of the M.A. program in Philosophy & Apologetics at Lincoln Christian University, Lincoln, Illinois. He teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in worldview studies, ethics, logic, science & Christianity, philosophy of religion, and engaging contemporary mindsets.
Rich has published in various journals and contributed to four books. He has given presentations for a variety of academic conferences and numerous churches and church-related conferences and conventions. His multimedia presentations have been attended by over 80,000 adults and youth in 22 states, Canada, and China. He has a B.A. in Christian Ministry, an M.A. in Philosophy, an M.Div. in Theology & Philosophy, and a Ph.D. in Philosophy. His doctoral work focused on the religious truth claims and contemporary philosophy of science. For more biographical info, click HERE.
For a list of other presentations, click HERE.
For Dr. Knopp's